Friday, February 4, 2011

The Kings Speech

Watch this.




This is honestly everything I was going to say about this film in a nutshell. It's a formula workhorse film that does its job. It never aspires to be anything more than a formula film. I don't care if this was word-for-word how it happened in real life. If you don't make an effort to make a special film, you don't deserve the Best Picture award. While we're at it, if your only purpose is to get an Oscar for Harvey Weinstein then you sure as hell don't deserve the Best Picture award.
Once again, I'm going to agree with Bob on this one. It's a three star film. It's only flaw is that it never tries to be a four star film. It has its moments, mostly when Bertie is talking to his brother, but it's just pandering to much for me.

If this wins best picture I'll....be very sad.

3/4 Solid but unremarkable

No comments:

Post a Comment